Wednesday 17 December 2014

Holding the Frisbee- Intro.


"We live in a world where losing your phone is more dramatic than losing your virginity."
                                                                                                      -Megan Fox


If you happen to have read Tyler Perry's ''Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings'', you should have a fair understanding of my post title. Granted it was published in 2007, the book still remains a delightful source of insight to the world of love and life. In a chapter of the book, Tyler Perry talks about ''holding the Frisbee'' and I find the phrase quite an inspiration for today's post. And by the way, by ''Frisbee'' he meant vagina. That's right! Clasp your hands over your cookie-jars ladies!

Virginity; now that's a very controversial topic. Honestly I find it as dicey as my first post on sex. I also find it amusing how the word 'virginity' has been misinterpreted to suite what people find comfortable. Objectively speaking, there's nothing entirely comfortable about virginity. Most people will cringe when asked about it. Look around and you'll find a  lot of virgins living everyday with so much confusion in their heads. It's sad. There's so much ignorance in the system to clear up; so let's begin.

Growing up, I always knew what virginity was in the simplest of terms: NO SEX TILL YOU'RE MARRIED. That's what my mama always screamed. But is it all about desisting from only sex? A lot of people take advantage of this loophole-ridden rendition of what virginity is and engage in alternate forms of sex (talk about anal and oral) and sex-related activities. I think that's plain hypocritical. So to all those sanctimonious Christians who believe in the sanctity of staying a virgin and still go about sucking dick and Frisbees, I say, set your mind straight. I sorry I'm being blunt, but I just have to say it as it is- no sugar-coating this one.

I happen to believe in the sanctity of virgin-hood. I believe everyone should, if it suites them, stay a virgin for the right reasons. A lot of times I hear a lot girls say they want to see an ugly pool of blood on their weeding night. Some girls are just plain scared of sex and that's their reason for wanting to remain virgins. Some guys( not that I've heard any) want to stay virgins because they think they're members are too small. The point I'm trying to make here is, for whatever reason you want to remain a virgin, regardless of how silly or quaint it might sound, let that be your right reason. There's nothing like a wrong reason for staying a virgin.

Madea says every woman should learn to hold the Frisbee. Unless you're some weird nymphomaniac, you should seriously consider closing your thighs. Being able to hold the Frisbee gives you power. It puts you in control of your own life for once. There are so many perks of being able to hold the Frisbee. I leave you with ''8 reasons to remain a virgin for as long as you can'' posted in Allwomenstalk's blog. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment